Saturday, December 3, 2011

Oy!

It has been a few weeks (or so?) since I have updated my blog and I missed it, so, here I am again... Just writing to update, I will have to re-start my couch to 5k program because I let 4 days pass in between training sessions which made it hard for me, on the 5th day back to the gym, to run even a minute and a half again. But, I've been doing the treadmill almost every day now for about a week and what I've been doing is an incline of anywhere between 3.5 - 8.5 and a speed between 2.5  -  3.5. This helps me significantly :) I feel stronger already! I was sick for awhile this past week but made myself go to the gym anyways. It has been a hard fight and a struggle to get my momentum going in the direction I want it going in, but I will not give up!! :) I am going to keep persisting until I make it where I want to be.

My sister Molly and I have been talking about renting a house together and having a commune with some of our friends. Maybe even, in the future, buying a duplex together and she'd live in one half and I in the other. Something fun to think about! I want a clawfoot bathtub, hardwood floors, floor to ceiling windows, a breakfast nook in the kitchen.. ahhhh must allow cats and dogs because I plan to get a german shepherd (and already have two loveable cats).


Noah and I have made some great foods together lately. We started with making some noodles, then with the food processor blended together some tomatoes, avacadoes, pesto, basil, spinach, and freshly minced garlic to use as the pasta sauce. The sauce turned out GREEN! because of the spinach and avacadoes, but was still very tasty and it felt like we were eating a green pasta dish. (and I suppose we were). Then, yesterday we made a soup all from scratch: wild rice, chicken, carrots, celery, spaetzle, rosemary, sage, and chicken broth. YUM.

I just registered for my Spring 2012 semester classes. I will be taking:

Math 70 - Introductory Algebra
Biology 1100 - Introduction to Biology w/ Lab
History 1020 - Contemporary World History: Issues, and
Women's Studies 2212 - Ecofeminism

That's 15 credits! Full time again, baybay! I am doing good! I am knocking these credits out and learning SO much. It's helping me tremendously to be in school right now. I will be taking a tour of St. Catherine's University next week for their Nursing program.





+

+

No comments:

Post a Comment