Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bizzy

So, hello all, just writing to say that I have finished week 4 of my couch to 5k. I know, I can't believe it either. The 5 minutes just about killed me the first few times, but I quickly surprised myself on day 3 of week 4 when I ran the 5 minutes without feeling like I was going to die! I was breathing very heavy and sweating, but I wasn't bright purple, and my ankles didn't feel like they were being pulled to the bottom of an ocean on an anchor weight LOL. Tomorrow, I'll resume week 5. Here is the agenda for week 5:
5 Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Walk 1/4 mile (or 3 minutes)
  • Jog 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
  • Walk 1/2 mile (or 5 minutes)
  • Jog 3/4 mile (or 8 minutes)
Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking.
Looks simple enough, but believe me, it is going to be a major challenge. I've had the last 3 days off from jogging, so hopefully some of my poor little shredded up calf muscles have had the chance to repair themselves some (and hopefully got stronger?).

It's almost Thanksgiving! I hope you all have wonderful plans with family and friends. I will be eating pie and other things that are not diet-ish, but I think I have justified it again because it's a holiday and because I deserve to have delicious tasting things once in awhile.  :)   I think my favorite will be arriving to my mom and Kals' farm on Wednesday and helping to baste the turkey, bake other dishes, drink apple cider, and I'll finally get to see their new goats they just got out there, their milking nannies :)  I will be thinking of something that I appreciate to share with everyone at the table.

School:

We are down to the last few weeks of the semester so we have much to do. In my Information Literacy and Research class, I need to do a presentation in two weeks about how to conduct a research paper. I will go over all of the steps in the research process, while using my own topic as an example, and I picked student attrition and retention rates as they relate to alcohol and substance abuse on campus.

For English, I need to choose an impoverished culture, group, or country and write a paper on it, citing at least 4 different outside sources for the research.

For Math, we'll be having a final exam covering everything we've learned this semester. I believe it will be the most difficult for me of all the things I have to do to finish up my credits!

OH: I did a presentation today at one of our district meetings. It was on the three poisons of hate, greed, and foolishness.  It went well, I thought. More later on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment