Sunday, November 13, 2011

Great news (for me at least!)

I just bought a $20 dollar program guide to help me out with beginning strength training. I found it on ACTIVE.com :). A great website for anyone who wants to know ANYTHING. I mean, part of what I struggle with so much with running is, what in the world is normal to have going through ones' mind while they jog? I always second guess myself about what I should be brainstorming, i.e. should I be thinking about what to do after I get off the treadmill? Should I be thinking about what to make for dinner that night? Who to call this week? What errands I have to do? My school projects and assignments? Or.... and this is the big OR.... should I be thinking about my jogging itself!!? The short answer from Active.com is, think about the jogging! Imagine your toes and muscles getting softer and more flexible as you jog, that you are getting further in to your rhythm and groove, etc. D'OH! Makes sense!! I am totally going to apply that technique next time I go to the gym. I think it will help me improve my time and distance. Here's what I'll be doing over the next 12 workout sessions, using my new strength training guide (just what type of exercises basically):

-Dumbbell Chest Fly
-Reverse Crunch
-Tricep Overhead Extension
-Dumbbell Front Raises
-Dumbbell Seated Position
-Tripcep Pushdown
-Abdominal Curls
-Incline Bench Press
-Lateral Raise
-Squats
-Concentration Curl
-Shrugs
-Hammer Curls
-Standing Calf Raise
-Barbell Curls
-Reverse Grip Pulldown
-Step Up
-Cable Seated Row
-Regular Grip Pulldown
-Hyperextension
Yeeeeeeeeeahw!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment