Thursday, November 3, 2011

well, folks...

I have now completed WEEK 2 DAY 3 of the Couch-to-5k program!! I did an extra day both this week and last week, so total I have trained for 8 days (and not 6, which is where I am supposed to be at right now had I followed the rules, lol). So remember: for week one, it was a 5 minute warm-up, followed by intervals of 60 seconds of running and then 90 seconds of walking, off and on for a full twenty minutes. For week two, it was the same 5 minute warm-up each session as usual, and the total length after that was still 20 minutes, however this time it was 90 seconds of running, with two minutes of recovery (walking) time, off and on. It should also be noted that during week one, not only did I do an extra day, but I also did extra time on one of the sessions! I did a full hour instead of 20 minutes for one day, then for week two - same thing, I did extra time again. I was on a roll! It has been wonderful doing this training. My co-worker and friend, Leah, is the one who helped push me to start on this program and she is also asking me to sign up for a marathon that is being held in Anoka on December 31st, 2011 (New Years Eve, outdoors, this winter!). I haven't signed up yet and was highly considering it, but I think I might need more time to train first. Perhaps next year I will be ready!! Molly is joining me on the Couch to 5k program so we've been doing it together and that makes a world of difference to keep us both accountable.    I ate a lot of cupcakes and candy for the Halloween holiday, but I'm back to at least 80% raw as of today (had a strawberry, banana, and apple smoothie for breakfast - followed by a green spinach, carrot, celery, avacado salad for lunch - with fresh lemon squeezed for dressing :)




If weight loss is my goal, then I'm not getting far at all - haven't lost anything, really. In fact I have stayed exactly the same according to the scale. BUT! I am getting stronger by the day, my endurance is skyrocketing higher and higher, and I am sweating like I've never sweat before LOL. My heart is extremely happy for the cardiovascular health I've been helping it obtain :)   

Also! I got a 2nd disbursement of student loans for the semester about a week ago, and purchased my first cash car ever (the last car I had was financed, and it was all the way back in '05!). For $1,600 bucks, I drove happily and enthusiastically away with a 2000 Chrysler Concorde less than a week ago! Silver exterior, black and gray cloth interior (CLEAN interior, I might add), 156k miles, working sound system/cassette player/speakers (that was rather important on my list of qualifying vehicles to purchase, heh), among many other wonderful things. It's gigantic - there is so much room to move around inside, and the trunk is HUGE! Great for moving/hauling things around. I have already taken it through 2 car-washes, and already went to a self-wash place that has heavy duty car vacuum cleaners the public can use by inserting quarters. I got all the fluids flushed and replaced at Valvoline, brand new windshield wipers, and then I had the oil pressure sensor replaced for $70 since that was the only visible thing wrong with it. Within the next 6 months, I am advised to have the rear brake rotors changed, but other than that, this car is SOLID, and I am extremely happy!
  HAPPY TO BE DRIVING AGAIN!!



This is exactly how I feel toward my car:

Nam myoho renge kyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment