Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas! I hope everyones' holidays are happy and full of life, cheer, good times, and hopefully not too much alcohol! :) Mine so far has been great, minus the high calorie foods! Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the foods. It's the calories I don't like. But, it's okay! I have complete and utter faith that I will pull through after the holidays and burn off every single one of them. Made it to the gym the last couple of days and did mostly strength training just like Jamie Eason advises to do. I think I understand why now, too, it's because if you use up all of your energy and food calories on cardio, which would take those extra calories to use right away, then if you try to strength train after using the treadmill, it won't be as efficient and you wont as easily be able to build muscle. The problem with not building muscle, then, is that you wont get the benefit of having calories burned at all times of the day, such as during sleep and rest, and that is a benefit that you DONT really get with doing cardio. So, long story short, I've been refraining from doing cardiovascular exercises, namely the infamous treadmill (which as you know is like me favorite), and been just sticking with the free weights and other weight machines when I go to the gym.

Please check out my newest little videos I've uploaded on YouTube and subscribe to my channel because I have every intention of keeping active on there and staying involved with updates and progress reports and the like~ Here is my newest home video but there are several others there so far (I think I have 7 total, but I've listed some as private. I'll open them up to the public once I've reached my goal. :)

I don't know about everyone else, but I am going to have a Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo   kind of Christmas!   

Have a great day! XOXOXO ---Rickie

No comments:

Post a Comment