Friday, October 21, 2011

Serendipitous

'Ello, mates! It's Erica-dizzle with the fizzle here talkin' at cha! Okay, sorry. That's not how weird I am, I promise. It has been a serendipitous last couple of days. First of all, food, exercise, and religious stuff aside... A certain special *boy* that has been in my life for many years now recently returned after not being in the cities for what seemed like a long time - and it has been a precious experience having him back, if that makes any sense. To celebrate his return, the conditions from which I don't believe I have the right to go in to detail about- - - we went to the  Twin City Grill at the Mall of America yesterday, and then today we had some cheap greasy food at  The Anchor in NE Minneapolis. Since it was a special occasion, I allowed myself to, guilt-free, indulge in this savory meals and let go of all my weird pre-occupations about food (it should also be noted: though they may be weird pre-occupations about food, they are the very pre-occupations that keep me so disciplined on eating raw the other 95% of the time, so everything comes with its goods and bads!). This boy I speak of is a very significant person in my life. At times I start to wonder if he will ever pop the question to me.... you know..... .  .... .... . .... . . .

Yeah, that question! I would be a whole slew of crazed though if he ever did. What would I say? That's the even more important question, I suppose! Ahhh, love. Relationships. The long road to finding yourself loving another but not losing yourself in the process. It's all very scary, very CRAZY, but most of all, extremely mystic and wonderful. I think everyone is there in your life for a reason, and everyone is there to show you something. He is here to show me something. And so are all of my friends, and my family members. In Buddhism, it is thought that you chose your parents, and they chose you. I know I chose my mom and dad. I wouldn't want any one else's mom or dad but my own :)


I do know though, that finding a mate to marry and be with for many many years to come is going to be the first thing that needs to happen before I can start my journey into parenthood again. So it is something that stays on my mind a lot - I often ponder who I will marry, who will be my life partner, who will love me? Who will I love forever? Who will father my children? Will I find someone who wants to be a father?  Nam myoho renge kyo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (let's chant that I do.)


I got some stuff in the mail today that I ordered, AGAIN. I just realized how much online shopping I've been doing! Holy moly!! Victorias Secret has some of the most amazing sweaters for sale right now! I'd recommend shopping there for clothes, although it's better to do so online because in their stores they usually only have perfume and bras and lingerie. Let's just say, Vickie's Secret has made me extremely happy this week. You are are the highlight of my week!!!!!!!!!!! 

So, Ahem, onto exercise. *cough, cough*. One thing I have really come to accept is that I won't achieve my specific type of fitness goals without two main ingredients. Ready to hear what they are???

1.) Fast-paced walking.
                                                      2.) Running and jogging.

Yep, it has GOT to be all about cardio. I've done my research. I've read so many articles, clinical studies, medical findings on the subject - and I now have re-confirmed what I've already known inherently but haven't remembered to put in to practice for awhile. It's cardio!!!!

So my new goal, and Mollys' too, is to do the treadmill setting called the 5k run. It's 3.2 miles and the program doesn't end until you have walked/jogged/ran that distance. I'd like to run ONE mile in 10 minutes or less, eventually. But my exercise at the gym will predominately revolve around the treadmill

Ambitious goal of the moment: Have treadmill time each week totaling no less than 10 hours.

Funny quote: "Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." ~Edward Stanley

Interesting Fact: Running is less efficient than walking in terms of calories expended per unit distance – though it is faster.  Due to air resistance at higher speeds, running on a track requires more energy than does walking to cover the same distance. As reported by Hall et al., men on a track running at a pace of 6.3 mph use 1.20 times as much energy to travel the same distance as when walking at a pace of 3.15 mph; but when on a treadmill running 6.3 mph they use just 1.01 times as much energy to travel the same distance as when walking at 3.15 mph.  

No comments:

Post a Comment