Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stuff..................

I'm still alive and kickin'... haven't posted in a good minute! Doesn't mean I stopped having things to blog about at ALL though.. In fact my life has been more filled and busier than ever.

My grandmother passed away in early March. It was a very sad time for my family. I have missed her very, very much. I feel especially bad for my mother, who has spent the last few years taking care of her soooo much. We all miss her intensely. :(

 In other news, I am using the BodyBugg, an interesting little device that you could safely say is just a fancy pedometer, except there's a nice little system where you log in every day and it tells you how many calories you have burned, and how many calories you still have left to eat for the day. My plan is on creating a 1,000 calorie deficit every day, but so far I have not hit that target everyday (about half of the days, at least). Mine has the pink frame. I wear it on my left arm, at all times of the day, including when I sleep. I only take it off to shower.

So far, I have lost a total of 10 pounds. I've been using it for about a month now. Not so bad, right? Is that about an average of 2 pounds a week? Unfortunately, the more weight I lose, the harder it will be to lose more weight - so I've been thinking of ways to spice up my plan and make it more ambitious and vigorous. I've really been enjoying brisk walks around Boom Island here in Minneapolis. Now that it's summer, I think I'll take more outdoor strolls more often. And at work, I take the stairs instead of the elevator (what EVERY weight loss advice website tells you to do!).

I have been studying like crazy. I'm taking Math 0070 and Introduction to Biology this semester. Math and Science: the two hardest subjects for me. But I can proudly say I am actually really excelling at the math (and I've been aggressively avoiding it for years and years). I'm not only excelling at it, but enjoying it! It's suuuuuuuch a great feeling :)

No comments:

Post a Comment